Yoga Asana is very effective for arthritis.
What Is Arthritis and Its Cause?
According to medical sciences, inflammation in joints is termed as Arthritis. It is caused when the cartilage tissue gets damaged.
If anyone experiences swelling, pain, stiffness in joints, then he/she should consult a doctor regarding arthritis.
About 25-40 percent of the Indian population suffers from OsteoArthritis.
Fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis are other forms of arthritis.
How Yoga Asana plays an important role in arthritis?
If you are not getting any benefit from regular medication then Yoga Asana is best for easing out arthritis pain.
Yoga improves the flexibility of joints thus helping people arthritis sufferers to get rid of the severe pain.
Here are 5 yoga asanas that are best for the people suffering from arthritis.
1. Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar Asana
Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar 12 yoga poses that improve the stretchability and flexibility of the body.
Perform this asana when you are empty stomach and the best time is in the morning.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar includes:
- Muscles Flexibility and Stretchability.
- Improvement in Cardiovascular system
- Brings peace and calmness.
- Improves the immune system.
Here are various pictures of Surya Namaskar yoga asana that would guide you step by step :
1. Stand straight, with feet touching each other and join your hands
2. Bend backward in arc form
3. Now lean forward and try to touch the ground with both hands.
4. Stand in the downward facing pose.
5. Now bring your right leg forward and be in this position.
6. Now lean forward as shown in the picture
7. Perform Bhujangasana.
8. Perform downward facing pose again.
9. Again bring your right leg forward.
10. Stand up again.
11. Arch backward.
12: End pose
Now repeat the same steps by bringing left leg forward ( in step no 5). Perform 5 sets of Surya Namaskar for better effects.
2. Hero Pose Or Virasana
Hero pose or Virasana is the best remedy for the tired legs.
It acts as a balm for people suffering from arthritis.
To perform Virasana you should be empty stomach and the best time to do Virasana is early morning or evening.
Benefits of Virasana :
- Blood circulation is improved.
- Improves digestive system.
- Relaxes Foot arches and make them strong
- Beneficial for swollen legs.
Here is the picture depicting Hero Pose :
3. The Tree Pose Or Vrikshasana
Tree pose or Vrikshasana improves the balance of the body.
This asana should be performed empty stomach and morning is the best time to do Vrikshasana
Benefits of Vrikshasana:
- Provide strength to the ankles
- Improves concentration, body balance and posture.
- Chest, legs muscles get toned.
- Provide strength to hips.
The picture below depicts the Vrikshasana :
4. The Bridge Pose Or Setubandha Sarvang Asana
Bridge pose or Setubandha Sarvang Asana is one of the best asanas for the people suffering from arthritis.
Your stomach should be empty and morning is the best time to do bridge pose.
Benefits of Setubandha Sarvang Asana:
- Strengthens back muscles.
- Chest, spine, legs, and neck muscles are toned.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Improves digestion.
The picture below depicts the Setubandha Sarvang Asana:
5. Easy Seat Pose Or Sukhasana
Seat Pose Or Sukhasana is one of the easiest asanas to perform. It’s a meditative asana.
You can perform this asana in the morning or evening.
Benefits of Sukhasana:
- Improves body alignment.
- Stretches knees and ankles.
- Provide strength to the back muscles.
- Broadened collar and chest bones.
The picture below depicts the Sukhasana:
Yoga Asana is a beneficial remedy for arthritis.
Keep doing yoga and be healthy.
Do let us know if you find this article helpful in the comments,
Please share the article so it reaches to maximum people and if you want to know about weight loss tips do Click Here.